Before learning about UX Design Courses, let us explain what does UX Design means. UX stands for “User Experience” and a UX Designer is someone who makes software programs, websites, and apps for users. Many youngsters these days want to become tech-savvy, or they are just fascinated by the whole concept of working remotely. In this article, you’ll learn about the following topics, so stick with us if you find these interesting enough.
- What skills do you need to have to become a UX Designer?
- Features and lessons of an ideal UX Design course.
- Platforms for learning UX Design.
- UX Design course offered by Google
What skills do you need to have to become a UX Designer?
Let's start with knowing what soft skills and technical skills do you need to have (or learn) in order to become a UX Designer:
- Organizing information in an understanding manner
- Visual communication
- Understanding of User testing
Successful UX designers have some knowledge of subjects like Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology. The reason behind this is that user design deals with users and how they think. These subjects enable a person to know general human behavior.
Don’t let these skills scare you, think of the amazing rewards you will get after you learn these skills. UX Designers can earn a very handsome salary if they are efficient.
Features and teachings of an ideal UX Design course
This topic will give you a brief understanding of what you can expect from an ideal UX Design course so that you can choose a perfect course for yourself.
Here, we have discussed the features of an ideal course.
- There should be no deadline to complete the course. The students should be able to work at their own pace. It gives them the independence of learning anywhere and anytime.
- They should design the course for beginners, so that students, who are new to UX Design can feel comfortable because not everyone has a UX Design degree.
- The course should have a minimal fee. Trust us, when we say there are affordable options available in the market. So, don’t choose an overly expensive option.
An ideal UX Design course will provide the following knowledge to its students:
- Beginner-level introduction of user experience, and its importance.
- The work profile of a UX Designer in a company.
- Introduction to five stages of thinking while designing.
- How to hunt down your perfect job in the UX Design field.
- How to make a perfect portfolio as a UX Designer.
- Impart enough confidence in you so that you can work with clients.
Let’s create progress together.
Platforms for learning UX Design
So, after learning the prerequisites, we’d like to shift the spotlight to some top platforms that are providing free and paid courses on UX Design. Here’s the list.
- Udemy is an online platform, and you must have heard of it. They provide online courses on UX design as well. Some courses are completely free, but some have minimal cost, and they expect payments per course. Introduction to Web and eCommerce User eXperience Design is the first choice of learners of UX Design.
- You can use Skillshare to teach and learn. This can be of help when you want to earn some money for investing in your learning process. Smart Responsive UX Design Pattern is a well-known course on Skillshare used by users to learn the tips, tricks, and techniques of UX Design.
- User Experience Design is a popular course on Springboard, which provides you with a general overview of UX Design. The good news is, it is 100% free and another good news is; it is online.
- Now that online platforms are taking the place of universities and colleges. YouTube is an alternative, and novel way of learning anything, so why not UX Design? YouTube channels that are helping students to learn the skill of UX Design are Mike Locke, Flux by Ran Segall, UX Mastery, Dansky, Sketch Together, Neuron UX, and many more.
Interaction Design Foundation
- This website provides a one-year membership to its users, where they can have access to all their engaging courses about UX Design.
UX Design course offered by Google
Grow with Google is the initiative taken by the search engine, Google. It provides certificate courses to people, in which students can learn a skill which can be put to work directly. One such course offered by them is for learning UX design. This certificate course will be available in March 2021, so if you are interested in learning from none other than google then go to their website. You can choose the ‘notify me’ option and the Google will send you a mail once the course is up and running.
Benefits of the course:
- Eligibility Criteria - Google isn’t asking for any experience in the job market. So, if you’re a fresher, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- At your own speed - Google doesn’t pressurize you with a deadline. It lets you complete the course at your own pace because it 100% online, and you will not have to go to any classroom.
- Stand out from the crowd - Not everybody will get their credentials from Google. You will have an advantage over others in any job interview.
- Get in touch with employers - Top employers like Accenture, Coursers, Crescent Digital, Huge, and many others are offering jobs to people who have completed Google Career Certificate.
- Free resources for completers - Those who will complete the course can avail the free resources like tips for interview, mock interviews, workshops for resume building, and much more.